Reeses (ish) Cream Pie

 
Do you love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Who doesn't? We used to frequent a buffet house that made this cream pie that was fabulous! Every imitations of this pie, but none came close. I asked one of their bakery people how they made theirs. She told me she couldn't tell me, but I could watch her make one and she winked at me. Of course, I watched and figured out the basics rather quick. I could reproduce the pie much better. There was no bigger fan than my beloved. Last week, we would have celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary and his 73rd birthday. Yeah, I was kind of in the dumps the whole week. Lost in memories of better times and a life cut way too short.
In honor of this double celebration. It's the first one I made since his death. When completed, I held it up high. "Here's to you, honey. I miss you."

Reese (ish) Pie
Makes one 9' deep dish pie.


What you'll need

1 box vanilla instant pudding mix 3.4 oz
1 box chocolate instant pudding mix 3.9 oz
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky your choice)
2 8oz containers Cool Whip
2 cups milk
1 can Sweetened condensed milk
1 9" deep dish pie crust
1 Ghiradelli's Chocolate Sauce
1 cup Ghiradelli's Dark chocolate chips

Putting it together

  • Blind baked pie crust. While still hot sprinkle the chocolate chips onto the bottom and sides of the pie crust. As it melts coat the bottom and sides completely.
  • In a medium mixing bowl, beat 1 cup of milk, 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk. vanilla pudding mix and peanut butter together. Mix until well combined.
  • Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip and set aside.
  • In another bowl, mix chocolate pudding mix, 1 cup milk, the rest of the sweetened condensed milk. Beat until well combined.
  • Fold in 8 oz container of Cool Whip
  • Place half the chocolate pudding mixture into the cool pie crust. Smooth top.
  • Add all of the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust. Smooth.
  • Add remaining chocolate pudding mix for the top layer.
  • Drizzle the top with chocolate syrup.
  • Cover with plastic wrap and foil.
  • Place in the freezer until thirty minutes before serving.
You can decorate it further like I did in the picture with more whipped cream, peanut butter thinned with a tablespoon of corn syrup. and sprinkle peanuts on top, but you don't have to. I've sort of always been an overachiever.😁 I even made my short bread pie crust for this one. Just as if my beloved would take the first bite once again. If I close my eyes real tight, I can feel his lips brush my cheek and his deep voice whispered in my ear, "Thanks, babe."

Yes, this could have been made with cheaper substitutes, but it wouldn't be like the first and last time I made this dessert for him. Heck, it can even be made almost sugar-free.

Not saving cents, but it makes sense to realize sometimes 
you just have to spend some money.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving on Up

Hello and Welcome...