Moving on Up

Julie, The Farm Wife. and some other folks I follow and read their blogs are talking about planning for next year and the long term. In principle, this is a very good idea.

Last week, I planted the onion seed starts and garlic cloves in their area of the garden. The garden is all neatly set up to grow vegetables in the spring. They won't be ready for harvesting until next summer or early fall. I also purchased two dwarf cherry trees and two dwarf apple trees to plant along the fence line with plans to espalier them. They'll joined the kumquat tree already planted there. Here I was planning ahead, just like they were talking about.

I was happily doing my own thing and I forgot THE two major rules about planning ahead

1)



And 2)


I'm surprised I overlooked this one. It's been my governing force in my life since I met Mr. Murphey some 35 years ago and married him almost 30 year ago. God rest his leprechaun soul.

There's one thing about life, it's constantly changing and evolving. If you'd asked me five years ago where'd I expected me to be in ten years? I would have said on the homestead with Mel. Since you are reading this blog here instead of the other site, you know something has changed. I moved in with my #3 daughter because of failing health issues. I mean dying and being brought back to life is pretty drastic, tight? But my children got involved and said that I shouldn't live six hours away from one of them. Logically, nut frustratingly, I agreed. Besides there are better doctors in the city. right? More on this @ The Murphey Saga blog.

The arrangement for this house and property my daughter lives in, with this cozy mother-in-law apartment for me, is that we pay all the utilities and do the upkeep, for this we pay no rent. This arrangement is good until my son-in-law's grandmother dies. Then, the property would be sold. Well, last week the grandmother died. The former State Congresswoman was 91 years old. God rest her soul. So now, we have to move. Where and when that will be. we don't know. I do know it will be in the next few months and before Christmas maybe even Thanksgiving. 

My usual tagline of "that makes sense and cents" doesn't fit for this post. Let's just say...to be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello and Welcome...